Already the third-largest city in the United Kingdom and still growing fast, Leeds relies on its City Council for services from housing and education to waste collection and disposal. To ensure optimal quality and efficiency for the IT services that power these programs, the Leeds City Council transformed its IT processes and the software that supports them. ITSM in the cloud provided the fastest, most economical path to achieving this transformation.
BMC Helix ITSM (formerly Remedy OnDemand) gives Leeds the field-proven enterprise service management capabilities of Remedy Service Management from their cloud of choice. The IT group tapped the power of Remedy to align processes with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) guidelines, resulting in higher efficiency and lower costs.
With Remedy operating in the cloud, IT enjoys comprehensive ITSM functionality without large capital outlays, long implementation cycles, or the burden of managing and maintaining the solution in house.
- The move to the cloud yielded significant savings in terms of licensing, infrastructure costs, and staff time.
- The SaaS model enabled IT to decommission servers, reducing maintenance costs and power consumption and freeing up data center space.
- Automated service request management is saving at least 10 minutes per service request, freeing agents to focus on critical issues.
- Detailed data and reporting enable the staff to improve service delivery by proactively pinpointing and fixing recurring problems.
- Out-of-box alignment of change processes with ITIL standards saves time and allows the IT staff to handle emergency and expedited changes with greater efficiency.
“Remedy was our first cloud solution within IT. It has helped us experience firsthand what the cloud can offer, and that has helped us in defining our cloud strategy.”— Mark Harrison, Senior Strategic Services Officer, Leeds City Council